Thanksgiving 2011 planning and menu...going vegetarian.

I love to create menus. To the right is a printed menu from a dinner that I held almost a decade ago. I am really bad about saving recipes and writing down what I do, but I went through a spell several years ago where I created a cookbook. I hadn't opened it in years until last month and I was thrilled to find so many recipes that I really missed.

So this year's menu for Thanksgiving is a tribute to a decade ago of vegetarian recipes. Here's the plan:

Starter:
  • Ina Garten's Stilton and Walnut Crackers
First Course:
  • Boniato (Sweet potato) Soup with Dill
Main Course:
  • Golden Lentil Roulade with Chestnut Stuffing
  • Cornbread Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Mushroom Sauce
  • Scolloped Oysters
  • Brussels Sprouts and Pearl Onions with Horseradish Cream
  • Thyme Infused Roasted Root Vegetables
  • Cranberry Orange Relish
Desert:
  • Brown Butter and Rum Pecan Pie
Time to go to the market and get my shopping done!

No comments:

Post a Comment